Organised by the Guild of Architectural Ironmongers (GAI) in conjunction with the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA), the biennial AI Specification Awards identify and reward excellence in the specification of architectural ironmongery in the construction industry.
Celebrating its 40th anniversary, the AI Specification Awards returns bigger and better than ever. Following the postponement of last year’s awards, the judging panel will be assessing projects completed and products launched over the last 3 years!
Entries are judged on the effectiveness of the architectural ironmongery specification and how it enhances the security, accessibility and safety of the building, whilst also adding to its aesthetics, functionality and longevity. The AI Specification Awards consist of the following seven categories:
- Commercial and Hospitality (sponsored by ASSA Abloy)
- Public Health and Education (sponsored by Forza Doors)
- Residential (sponsored by Frank Allart)
- International (sponsored by dormakaba)
- Product Design and Innovation – Mechanical (sponsored by Simonswerk)
- Product Design and Innovation – Electronic (sponsored by ADSA)
- Jubilee Award (sponsored by Eurobond Doors)
To enter, projects or products must be:
- Either completed or released on to the market between 1 October 2018 and 30 September 2021.
- Submitted to the GAI for judging by Friday 19 November 2021.
For each category in the awards there will be a first placed project. All of the category winners will be put forward to be judged to decide who will be crowned 'Winner of Winner' (sponsored by GEZE)
Here are 5 Top Tips for great entries. Top Tips
Find out what judge Jonathan Hall of AHMM is looking forward to from this year's entries. Conversation with Jonathan Hall
To assist Jubilee Award entrants, please see list of previous category winners. Click here for list.