The Guild is planning a one-day Basic HR in-person training course in the West Midlands in January or February 2024.
The GAI members are asked to register their interest (see email address below) to allow for the planning of a suitable venue and date.
This will be an intensive one-day course which will equip the participants with legal and technical skill and will provide them with:
- An awareness of key HR practices in accordance with best practice and changes in employment law.
- Knowledge and insight to identify and evaluate HR issues effectively at an early stage.
- An overview of the legal context relating to unfair dismissal and discrimination.
- Improved HR insight to develop HR practices and policy.
- An ability to handle HR issues whilst thinking on your feet.
Among the subjects included will be:
- Recruitment and selection best practice.
- Defining disciplinary and grievance issues and the legal context.
- Whether to address employment issues informally or formally.
- Conduct vs capability – what’s the difference?
- Different types of unlawful discrimination and promoting equality in the workplace.
- Key points to consider when undertaking an investigation.
- Best practice approaches to developing performance and tackling poor performance.
- Having difficult conversations.
- Best practice approaches to tackling poor sickness absence – short term and long term.
Cost will be £249.00 member rate and £498.00 non-member rate which includes training, refreshments, and lunch (travel to be covered by individual).
Please email [email protected] to register your interest in this event. All registrants will be contacted with event details (date and venue) once confirmed, and invited to book a place.