Welcome to IAI
Membership is open to individuals, not companies, who are qualified GAI Diploma holders, students actively on the GAI education programme, or experienced practitioners of the AI trade. This makes belonging to the Institute a real benefit to each individual member personally, and one which can be taken from job to job.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY FOR MEMBERSHIP
2013 Benefits of Full membership include:
- A regular programme of regionalised branch meetings where members get together in an informal atmosphere to learn, network and socialise.
There are nine branches around the UK, and one overseas:
South West, South Central, South East, Midlands, North West, North East, Wales, Scotland, Hong Kong, Ireland (Northern and the Republic)
- Access to the IAI’s respected Continuing Professional Development programme. Either collect CPD points towards gaining or retaining RegAI status or use the informative presentations to keep up to date with industry developments.
- An electronic update on matters affecting the Institute and its members through a new specific IAI e-bulletin.
- Updates on the latest developments on standards and practice through free copies of the Architectural Ironmongers Journal – the GAI’s official publication.
- Full members are entitled to use the designated letters MInstAI on business cards and letters, plus a personal IAI membership card as proof of commitment to excellence.
There are five basic forms of membership:
- Registered Architectural Ironmongers are individuals who have displayed their ongoing commitment to keeping their personal knowledge up to date by completing 10 CPD points per annum post GAI diploma graduation. more info
– Individuals who are working towards gaining their RegAI status, the collection of 10 CPD points is required over a full year (Jan-Dec) post GAI diploma graduation. more info
– Full members are GAI diploma qualified, enjoy full member benefits but are not required to complete ongoing education to retain status.
– Affiliate members are not required to be GAI diploma qualified, but must be working within the Architectural Ironmongery industry.
– Student members are currently enrolled on the GAI diploma course.