The Education Hub
The GAI has now launched its Education Hub - a completely new online format for learning wherever you are in the world.
With the start of a new academic year for The Certificate in Architectural Hardware (Stages 1 and 2) and The GAI Diploma (Stage 3), members of the architectural ironmongery community and beyond can take advantage of this brand new resource.
If you already know that you want to sign up to study, then simply click here to Enrol Now for the new academic year. If you're unsure about what is available and how it's structured, please browse though the details below. Don't forget to come back to the Enrol Now button to sign up when you're ready. It's as simple as that!
We promised an ‘enhanced Education Platform to include modern learning processes and be globally accessible’.
The Education team have developed a foretaste from one of the modules from the Stage 1 syllabus, which we are proud to promote this influential educational tool for the GAI membership.
Click HERE to test your knowledge and see how we've brought your learning in to the 21st Century with the new GAI Education Hub.
Those studying will be guided through the syllabus in a way that their predecessors have not experienced before. The impetus for change was prompted by recommendations from a working party in 2011. The working group recommended that the core curriculum should consist of what the learner needs to know to be an architectural ironmonger; and that the method of delivery should be entirely online, be adapted and enhanced to include modern learning processes and be globally accessible.
These were bold steps that are entirely transforming the Diploma syllabus. So what’s new? In summary:
- The new Stages 1 and 2 will be entirely online, including all course work and exams.
- The Certificate in Architectural Hardware will consist of 12 modules that will focus on core curriculum in what a qualified architectural ironmonger is required to know.
- The 12 modules at each Stage will be arranged into four learning blocks with helpful explanations, animations, video clips, etc, all geared to engage learners in easily digestible chunks.
- Automation of exam results will ensure that learners know of their successes (or otherwise) within days rather than weeks.
- Beyond The Certificate in Architectural Hardware learners can embark on Stage 3 to achieve the GAI Diploma. This part of the syllabus will focus entirely on the ability to be a professional practitioner in Scheduling.
- The Certificate in Architectural Hardware and Diploma syllabuses will be online and available to learners throughout the world.
Essential content, ease of understanding and global access are vital to the new Education Hub. This new resource from the GAI is taking learning into the 21st century: offering an enhanced, interactive learning platform to an international audience.